As you remember from my recent post, The Little Mermaid turns 30 this year! And to celebrate, this ultimate classic is now available in the Walt Disney Signature Collection.
The Little Mermaid is the seventh title to join the Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations.
The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King” and “Lady and the Tramp.”
8 Things You May Have Missed in The Little Mermaid (I sure did)
Ok, so most of these I definitely didn’t know. And I for sure did not see any signs of Mickey and Goofy. Did you? Check out this short recap from ‘Oh My Disney’ and let me know!
Things You Didn’t Know About The Little Mermaid | Oh My Disney
Some of my favorite Bonus Features:
As you know with Disney, they will always have special bonus features available when you take home the DVD/Bluray and Digital films. And The Little Mermaid 30th Anniversray is no exception!
- First of all, you already know from me sharing about my elementary school solo that this is at the top of my list of faves! LOL And what is better than singing at the top of your lungs in the privacy of your home?
- This bonus feature makes it easy to sing your favorite songs in this version of the film.
Inside the recording studio
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions. I am a HUGE fan of anything behind-the-scenes and I love being able to get this close up look at these sessions.
Stories from Walt’s Office
- Being able to visit the Walt Disney Familly Museum last year has given me a deeper appreciation for his stories and who he was. Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
And more! More hidden treasures like Alan Menken and the Leading Ladies Song, DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video and of course awesome classic bonus features.
As in previous releases, you will also get:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
We are a digital family through and through, smart TV and everything. We immediately download digital movies as soon as we can. So I always love when there are some digital exclusives. And with this edition, you can look forward to:
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
For the first time, it’s now available Digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere and now on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ on Feb. 26th!
In case you missed it…
Below is my previous coverage for Ralph Breaks The Internet Event:
- RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET FUN IS HAPPENING IN LA AND I’LL BE THERE 11/4-11/6
- ALL ABOUT MY ‘RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET’ WORLD PREMIERE EXPERIENCE #RALPHBREAKSTHEINTERNETEVENT
- RALPH BREAKS VR: THE MOST INCREDIBLE VR EXPERIENCE ON THE INTERNET #RALPHBREAKSTHEINTERNETEVENT
- THE ULTIMATE ROUNDUP OF RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET PRODUCTS AND TOYS #RALPHBREAKSTHEINTERNETEVENT
- PAMELA RIBON: THE STORY BEHIND THE EPIC DISNEY PRINCESS MEETUP IN RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET
- ‘RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET’ REVIEW: 4 LESSONS ABOUT LIFE & THE INTERNET #RALPHBREAKSTHEINTERNETEVENT
- DISNEY ANIMATOR MARK HENN: BRINGING DISNEY FAVORITES TO LIFE #THELITTLEMERMAIDBLURAY
- RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET EASY DIY PANCAKE BUNNY + MILKSHAKE CAT CRAFT #RALPHBREAKSTHEINTERNETBLURAY
This trip to Los Angeles to cover the #RalphBreaksTheInternetEvent and #TheLittleMermaidBluray was sponsored by Disney. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Jeff CampbellMarch 10, 2020 at 11:59 AM
Great article! I just introduced my toddler to the Little Mermaid (all 3 films) in the past couple of weeks, and of course, she loves them just like her older sisters did (who are now moody-pre-teens and too cool for that, lol).
I especially loved the comparison of Eric’s village to Belle’s town. With 3 daughters I’ve seen all the Disney films millions of times, but never caught that before.
Thanks for sharing!
Christine St.VilMarch 10, 2020 at 12:08 PM
Aww that is so awesome! I love that we get to relive these memories with our own children. And LOL at the “moody-pre-teens”…I definitely have a couple of those too 🙂 I’m always catching new things when I go back to watch Disney films with the kids. Thanks so much for sharing!
Heather NoyesSeptember 22, 2020 at 1:19 PM
Absolutely love your blog! We are huge Disney fans and one of my daughters (and my) all time favorites is Ariel. Just ran across this article and didn’t realize that this blu ray comes with all of these great features! Thank you for the informative article!
Heather Noyes would like you to check out…How Do People Afford Disney Vacations?
Christine St.VilSeptember 22, 2020 at 8:27 PM
That’s so awesome Heather! We just love the Little Mermaid and can’t wait for the live-action! This blu ray is so awesome 🙂