God will use other people (often your cheerleaders) to confirm the things you already know, or to reveal things about you that you didn’t know (or needed to be reminded of).
If you’ve heard and love the song Cheerleader by OMI, you probably love it as much as I do. But you probably don’t know the full story behind how this song came about (and how the original version was actually released 8 yrs prior). I had on my heart to share something eventually, but when I saw this video posted on FB by my friend and cheerleader Michelle of Her Power Hustle, I knew this was the confirmation I needed. The video below explains the full story…
How many of you have considered throwing in the towel (or already have) on something that you held close to your heart at one point or another?
Here are some notes I wrote down and what Michelle also shared when she posted to her Facebook page:
1. NEVER give up on your dreams
2. Surround yourself with people who will lift you higher (use discernment)
3. Surround yourself with people who randomly remind you of your greatness
4. If you ever feel like giving up, these same people are the ones who will push you because they believe in you more than you believe in yourself.
5. Relationships matter – yes even the romantic ones – when it comes to life and business (thanks Michelle)
And here were the affirmations that were given to me which again, I already knew but needed the reminder: