Besides the fact that I’m alive to celebrate another year, I truly am grateful for all that I have and continue to be blessed. I’m not one to shy away from my age (and even if I tried, my son would correct anyone that asks lol). The older I get, the more grateful I am for life. So in today’s Motivational Monday, I bring you 35 expressions of gratitude. Cheers to year number 35!
1. My faith. While I am definitely still a work in progress, I am grateful for my faith because that is what moves me. It’s what gets me going, even when I feel I can’t.
2. My parents. Even though I didn’t understand it in my younger years, I’m so grateful my parents instilled the importance of faith in me.
3. My husband. Seriously, I don’t know how I got so blessed. But I thank God He blessed me with this amazing man who cheers me on, and never stands in the way of anything that gets me closer to my dreams.
4. My healthy children. After spending three days last week at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, I am more grateful now than ever before, for the great health that my children have.
5. My siblings (and their children). There is absolutely nothing like family. I don’t care what differences we’ve ever had, I wouldn’t trade them for anything. Growing up, seven of us was a lot. But now, I see it as perfect.
6. My sisters (from other mothers). I have the best sister friends ever, and I’ll always be grateful for the love and friendship.
7. My extended family. My in-laws are seriously the best. I’m super lucky not to deal with the drama that many people do.
8. My health. I’ve seen so many people suffer with their health over the years. I’m grateful even for the smallest of colds, because they don’t last forever.
9. My life. I may not have everything I want. But I absolutely have everything I need. There is nothing that I would trade in this moment of time.
10. My home. We have built some amazing memories here. It keeps us warm in the winter and cool in the summer heat. Shelter is something I don’t take for granted.
11. My laptop. It’s what allows me to do the work that I do. It’s where certain magic happens.
12. My caramel lattes. From Panera. With extra caramel. They are so good and they make me happy. Those and the pumpkin muffins.
13. My car. I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t get where I needed to, when I needed to.
14. My new roller skates. They allowed me to reminisce on a time in childhood that I loved, and can now share with my kids.
15. My muscle soreness. From the rollerskating and reminiscing that has been going on. I’m only slightly rusty. But the soreness reminds me that I am blessed with the physical ability to skate, walk, run, jump, dance and more.
16. My bed. No matter how many hotels I visit, there is nothing like being home in my own bed.
17. My blog. That would be this space from which you are reading now. It has afforded me some ah-mazing opportunities, and continues to do so.
18. My community. I may never know the names or faces of those who visit this space, but I am truly grateful…from Istanbul, Turkey, to Kenya, to Guatemala and London…I see you, and I thank you.
19. My laugh. It reminds me of how great life is. Laughter keeps me youthful.
20. Clean water. For drinking, for bathing, for taking a shower…I’m grateful for every form of it.
21. Technology. It’s how I meet amazing people from all over the country and all over the world. It’s how I stay connected to people I wouldn’t be able to otherwise.
22. My local Silver Diner. Because have you tried their caramel french toast with chicken sausage? #thatisall
23. Golden Oreos. These were a direct blessing from God. I feel it every time I eat one.
24. My coaches & mentors. They have pushed me out of my comfort zone on several occasions. And while I may have given the side-eye once or twice, I’m truly grateful for the growth that has occurred.
25. My iPhone. Honestly, it keeps me organized and entertained at the same time.
26. Money in the bank. Money to pay bills, money to treat myself, money to provide for the family’s needs.
27. My mistakes. In life and in business because there is always an opportunity to learn.
28. My successes. They have brought me more opportunities, and more great people to connect with. They have demonstrated that anything truly is possible.
29. My ability to read. I’m nowhere near my goal of one book a month yet, but I’m getting there. And I’m grateful that I can because there’s a wealth of information out there through books and articles online.
30. My tears. I used to hate them because they would fall at the drop of a dime. I used to see it as a sign of weakness and now I see them as a sign of strength.
31. My vision. It’s not 20/20 but it’s good enough to see the beauty that is in this world.
32. My food. And the refrigerator that holds it all. I am so grateful that I can eat when I’m hungry.
33. My clothes. They make me feel good and look good.
34. My culture. It opened my eyes to what’s different and beautiful early on. It shaped me into the person I am today.
35. Love. It allows me to see past the hurt. It allows me to keep going, keep pushing.
I could really go on and on. But I’ll stop here. I thank God for life and for another candle to blow out this year. 35 is a good place to be, and I’m grateful to be here.
Comment below and let me know what you’re grateful for today? How will you (or did you) spend your birthday this year?