As I stand here prepping for a day of family, life, love, gratitude, and fun, I can’t help but reflect on the last year and all that I have to be thankful for. And while I have so much to be grateful for, I know there are so many others out there who are struggling to find even one thing. And sometimes all it takes is a little encouragement. So I decided to share this short list of some of the things that I give thanks for, especially today.
1. I am grateful for my faith. My faith has been a driving force in everything that I do. I’m so thankful I can depend on Him to pull me through when I don’t feel like I have anything left in me.
2. I am grateful for my husband. There are absolutely NO words to describe my gratitude when it comes to the love of my life. He loves me, holds me down, supports me, encourages me and keeps me in check when need be. I could go on and on, but I’ve also written about it here, here and here.
3. I am grateful for my children. Oh my goodness…these three right here are my blessings, my angels and mini comedians. They put life into perspective for me and make me a better person. They make everything better.
4. I am grateful for my parents. Even though we don’t talk all of the time, they’re in my thoughts, and I know I’m in theirs. They have taught me the power of love and forgiveness.
5. I am grateful for my siblings. There is never a dull moment, and no matter what is going on: we know we can seriously count on each other through thick and thin.
6. I am grateful for my sister-friends. They know who they are. They are the ones who are never too busy to lend an ear to listen to, or a shoulder to cry on. They keep me sane and are there for me no matter what.
7. I am grateful for this community. I don’t take it lightly when I get comments here on the blog or through social media, or when someone reaches out asking to work with me. It’s what fuels me every day and for that, I am grateful.
8. I am grateful for my coaches and mentors who have helped shaped me into the person I am today. There are no words to describe how much I appreciate you.
9. I am grateful for every obstacle that enters my path. Without them, I wouldn’t understand the meaning of perseverance. Without them, I wouldn’t understand the importance of pushing past my fears.
10. I am grateful for new beginnings. It has allowed me to re-design a life I love, and to realize that I am in charge of my own destiny.
“Enjoy the little things in life because one day you will look back, and realize they were the big things”.
What do you have an attitude of gratitude for today?