As a busy mother and wife, you have a lot on your plate. You may be worried about that work project that is not finished yet and laundry is not done. You have to get everything done before the kids and husband get home from school and work. Those bills are piling up and you are not sure how you are going to get everything paid. The kids need new pairs of shoes and it is not in your budget at the moment. Do you want to know what the perfect solution to the problem is? DON’T STRESS!
Stressing can cause a lot of wear and tear on the body and spirit. Did you know that stressing can affect your health? Here are some ways stress may affect your body, mood, and health on a daily basis.
How Stress Affects Your Body:
- Muscle Tension/pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Sex drive decrease
- Stomach issues (upset stomach)
- Chest pains
How Stress Affects Your Mood:
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Lack of motivation
How Stress Affects Your Health
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Hair loss
Also Related: 3 Apps to Keep You & Your Family Healthy
The fact is, stress does not solve your problems. From the list above, stress will not only keep you from coping with everyday activities, but it can bring you down physically. What you need to know is that when you focus on the problem and not the solution, you accomplish nothing. What you have to understand is that focusing on a healthy and attainable goal should be the main focus when issues of life surface. We cannot control the things that hit us hard, but we can control how we react to the problem. Here are some easy and stress free tips to get your inner peace back:
- Prayer/ Mediate (those who are spiritual can pray to God for guidance and peace.)
- Take a deep breath (this slows down your heart rate and blood pressure.)
- Change your diet (eat a healthier and more balanced meal.)
- Time/Money management (find ways to organize your time and budget your finances.)
- Counter negative thoughts with positive thoughts (speak out loud the good things that will happen.)
- Go to sleep! (go to bed earlier if you need more time to rest. More sleep will leave you less cranky.)
I hope that these tips help those who are stressing out about issues of life. Remember that you cannot break each brick that life throws, but you can build with those bricks and form a strong foundation!
What is your favourite/most effective stress reliever?