Just the other day, I was hanging out with some of my girlfriends and before we knew it, we were taking a much needed, and very fun trip…down memory lane. We started reminiscing about our childhoods and the things that our kids will never understand. One of my friend’s had mentioned that her 11-year-old son had no idea what a cassette tape was, as he was born the year that CDs started coming out. I talked about playing outside until the street lights came on, and riding for hours on my real roller skates (not sure what these roller blades are all about, but no thank you). Yet another talked about how we had to wait until Saturday morning just to see Cartoons. Oh, and remember Jiffy popcorn?! Yeah, we had sooo many great memories that came fluttering right back. So this list is dedicated to all those who are stuck in denial about getting old(er). Just embrace it and enjoy the ride.
You know you’re an oldhead when…
1. You know what a rolodex is…and just might still own one.
2. You know what a rotary phone is.
3. You know what a busy signal sounds like.
4. You know what a cassette tape is.
5. You remember how to fix said cassette tape with a pencil.
6. You owned (and probably still do) rows and rows of VHS tapes, and know what it stands for.
7. You know what a floppy disk is.
8. You know what a walkman is.
9. You know what a record player is.
10. You owned Michael Jackson’s bad album on an actual record.
11. You have fond memories of Oregon Trail.
12. You know where ‘Hey, Hey, Hey’ originated from.
13. You know all about Luster’s pink lotion.
14. You know what Jean Nate is.
15. You remember the Baby Jessica story.
16. You wore alternating colored slouch socks (matching or not).
17. You used to shop at Parade of Shoes.
18. You remember the Milli Vanilli scandal.
19. You owned Cross Colors.
20. You owned a pair of MC Hammer pants.
21. You played outside until the streetlights came on.
22. You remember when gas was .89 cents a gallon.
23. You know what a penpal is.
24. You remember how to text with a pager.
25. You remember what a payphone was
Check out the other 25 by clicking here => BMWK
We are just getting started. What would you add to this list?